Tuesday 1 January 2008

Plastered again

Happy New Year to you all - I hope you have a really good one.

Discovery of the last few days: brand new Sabatier knives are very sharp!

This, I found out after 'picking' the turkey. And, upon my return to the kitchen after a minute's absence whilst having a plaster administered, I was just in time to witness Helios 7 (oh yes, her again) leaping down from the work surface with a turkey leg clamped firmly in her jaws. Unfortunately for her greedy stomach, the leg was a bit too big to enable her to make a clean escape and she had to abandon her trophy mid-way down the garden path as I, once again, ran screaming after her - this time, however, only being able to brandish a threatening box of plasters at her. I am not sure what I would have done with them if I had caught her, but that will ever remain one of life's tantalising mysteries I suppose.

I cannot close this blog before saying thank you to all of you who have sent messages of condolence after the death of my father on Christmas Eve. Your words have been a great comfort. It will take time to fully come to terms with it, but knowing I have the support of all of you out there really helps.

2 comments:

Nick Redfern said...

Hi Corinna,
Dana and I send you and Jon our best wishes for the new year and you are still very much in thoughts after the tragic events of this year. Hope we can see you both again soon.
Nick and Dana
XX

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much guys. Jon and I look forward to seeing you both again too, hopefully in the not too distant future - we miss you!

Corinna & Jon
xxx