Tuesday 17 March 2009

One man with a head on his shoulders is worth a dozen without (QEI).

As you will have realised by now, Jon is suffering from a bad cold and has taken to his bed for the last few days. He has been getting up to do the postings and then has been retreating between the covers, and the relative peace and quiet of the bedroom. I am not sure whether it is because he suffers from diabetes or because of his mental illness, but when he gets colds they do seem to hit him more virulently than other people.

To keep the CFZ going needs many hours dedicated work. Most people go out to work and do an eight, or eight and a half hour day, with half, or an hour, off for lunch. Jon never has time off for lunch, but eats while working (whether or not that is a good thing is beside the point) and usually works at least a twelve-hour day, sometimes up to a fifteen-hour day. Occasionally he has a Sunday off. So, as I am sure you will agree, it comes as no surprise when he gets upset when people (who are even CFZ members) openly state on a forum chat that ‘he has plenty of time on his hands’. How dare they say such a thing! Moreover, they cannot even spell his name correctly either! Well, that is just plain ignorant.

The first few months of 2009 seem to have been a ‘let’s get at Jon and the CFZ’ period. Turncoats abound in the undergrowth. School playground antics seem to be the name of the day. If it were females partaking in this little game, it would be attributed to jealousy. Well, as a female of the species, I contest that sexist drivel. There are certain males of our ‘acquaintance’ who are just plain jealous. Or is it, perhaps, that males of the species rename this as feeling threatened? They make up lies to suit to reap sympathy from their own circle of acquaintances and friends. Some of this circle encompasses some who are, or were, friends of the CFZ.

I am not going to name names (although if I did, I would at least spell their names correctly. I mean, if you are going to have a pop at someone, it is only decent to do so). They will all know who they are if they read this. But, those who ask for help and then turn this around into accusing Jon of trying to steal their glory is a bit rich. Especially as, on two occasions, they could not even be bothered to turn up for their own event. If it had not been for Jon stepping in and offering to help, there would have been no event. Did he get any thanks? Erm ...... if you call accusations of trying to take over ‘thanks’ well yes I suppose so – he got a veritable cornucopia of those.

I am actually sick to the back teeth of blokes and their testosterone problems. How about just growing up a bit boys? How about putting away those short trousers and donning a pair of grown up ones? Marks & Sparks sell some quite nice ones these days. How about just researching your facts before you just follow blindly on, on the say of other people?

It was not that long ago that the glove would have been swept across another’s cheek for less. One of my heroines, Queen Elizabeth I, said: “Monarchs ought to put to death the authors and instigators of war, as their sworn enemies and as dangers to their states”. Even further back, whole villages would have been put to the sword for less. Those days are now called barbaric, and, although when one’s blood is boiled it does seem like a good idea, I suppose I would have to concur that they were. The ‘my dad is bigger than your dad’ syndrome has now evolved into the world of the internet – it has developed into a war of words and petty insults to satisfy male egos.

And, while there are those who are trying to prove their manhood in the modern world by spreading untruths across cyberspace, there are those who turn the other cheek and refuse to be drawn into this world of insults. I, however, am fast approaching the point of drawing blood in the true sense of the word. Though the sex to which I belong is considered weak you will nevertheless find me a rock that bends to no wind – my god that woman was good.

So lay off boys. Don’t get involved in the world of men till you become one yourself.

2 comments:

Tony Lucas - Citizen Scientist said...

Well Said.
Jon is the driving force behind the CFZ and sometimes I think he drives himself too hard.
People love making assumptions but never see whats actually going on.
Those people pardon me but Hiss me off Majorly.
For gods sake people Jon has done more for Cryptozoology than anyone and I underline that I know.
I feel really hissed at being so damn far away that i cant dive in and help with Jon down at the moment, if I could I would.
As for you Jon Ignore the testostrone pumped Primates theyll want something one day, and to Bed with you till you are well.
You have a damn good woman looking after you so take a rest and appreciate the fact!
Yes Im getting Bossey takes a lot but when my danders up........

Neil A said...

Corinna, name and shame them the imbeciles and we'll hunt them down. We all know that most men are just jealousy fuelled cavemen, and the world of cryptozoology is full of them. Even worse though that such idiots are so-called CFZ members...shame on them. Jon, I'm on the frontline with you.