Tuesday 10 November 2009

A salty dog?

How many of you out there read your horoscopes I wonder, and if so, do you read them whilst taking a proverbial pinch of sodium chloride? On Sunday, I happened to see mine for the week ahead and I can tell you that it was a stinker. To note that the tarot reading on the same page gave the same prediction, although put in an entirely different way, made my senses bristle with foreboding I have to admit. I do have to add here that I tend to read these things sometimes, but usually with a firm grip on a salt cellar let alone a two-fingered pinch of the stuff. However, when you see something like that written it still upsets your equilibrium. The ‘what-if’ syndrome kicks in.

Nevertheless, by Saturday night the predicted week will be done and dusted and I dare say that nothing untoward will have occurred. Hmmm, but the 13th does fall on a Friday this month.

Enough of what I tend to think of as superstitious twaddle, well most of the time that is. It is just a matter now of trying to stop my feminine intuition howling like a she-wolf to a full moon!

However, via the clever and extremely contrived connection between Canis lupus and Canis lupus familiaris, here is something that I am not really sure whether to believe or not. The following article comes from Ananova:

A Polish man claims his pet dog revived him after he suffered a heart attack.

Stricken Piotr Wagner, 50, collapsed with agonising chest pains as he watched telly at the family home in Kazimierza Biskupiego.

But as Pearl - a two-year-old Jack Russell cross - turned a heart shaped patch on her flanks towards her master, he told doctors he felt the pain melt away.

A grateful Mr Wagner said: "I want everyone to know about my big-hearted dog."

Doctors say they are baffled by the apparent cure.

"He certainly had a heart attack but it seems to have suddenly stopped and he is now healthy and back to normal," said one.”


No comments: